Monday 25 February 2008

Final thoughts

Stu: An excellent convention. The highlight lecturers for me were David Stone & Shoot Ogawao. If I never hear tie a yellow ribbon... It would be too soon. I've had a fabulous time; the only thing I'd like to change is to add a dealer’s location map to the programme. Many times I heard people asking "Do you know where _______ is?" Also there seemed to be very little advertising of the dealers upstairs, poor Paul Gordon had to spend a night in the Ruskin drinking and doing card tricks to make sure he had lots of visitors at his stand the next day. Overall rating 10/10.

Geoff: This year it was up to its usual standard, good times had by all. It would be helpful to have a brief description of what the lectures would be focused on in the programme. During some of the acts in the sat and sun shows it has been difficult to see certain acts due to low lighting of the stage. See you next year, from the oldest blogger in town! Overall Rating 10/10.

Matt: First of all a big thank you goes to Stuart and Geoff for all the work they've put into the blog. Thank you to Geoff for booking everything, even though the hotel was pink! Thank you again to Stuart for doing an excellent job driving and listening to my probably very dull stories. I think having 3 different opinions, has given you all a view of our time at the convention. I hope you have enjoyed reading our blog, PLEASE do COMMENT on what you thought of the blog and the convention. More photos will be added very soon!
So what did I think? .... Well an excellent convention overall with the highlights for me being David Stone and Shoot Ogawao. My dislikes of the convention were Fukai and Scott and Muriel! Also can I suggest If you're watching a lecture at Blackpool sit next to someone you don't know and say hello. I think we would all learn something new from this. It then also sorts out the problem of an empty number of seats with 1 person sat at each end. We were going to name and shame the pushers and shovers but to be honest I can't be bothered to type them all. Would it hurt to say sorry in the dealer’s hall?! It was great meeting lots of magicians I hadn't already! And I hope to see you all again next year. My overall rating is 9/10.

8 comments:

TheTableTopTrixta said...

Totally aggree about the 'pushes and shovers' in the dealer hall, i was amazed at the number of Rude people, really p****d me off!!

man Blackpool is dated!!

Ash Turner

Anonymous said...

Great work guys, nice to meet you as well!

My highlight was having supper on the last night with Ali Bongo for over an hour and having a one on one explanation from him on the hindu thread :)

In this conversation he mentioned that Scott and Muriel do a long show and they only did a couple of sections from their show but he said they'd not done their best stuff which was a shame.

Are you doing any more conventions this year?

What was your best bargain? (if you parted with any cash)

The Sussex Magic Circle said...

Hi Rob, good meeting you too, yes we'll be back next year, and plans a foot to make the blog better and more dynamic. As for bargin, the one thing I really wated was sold out so I'll have to order on-line :( I hope you got some bargins, I know Mat got a little bargin or two.
Stu

Matt Parro said...

Hey Rob,

Really good to meet you too! I will be attending IBM Convention in Eastbourne in September, by that time i will have currected all my bad spelling!

Bargin wise... I actually didn't haggle enough! I saved £9 though from not getting a replacement coin unique from Eddie Gibson.

Did you buy anything more from when i saw you last?
Also feel free to add my MSN parroworld@hotmail.com ,if you use it?

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt

I was in Search of Sanders when we met I think and I finally caught up with him on the Sunday.

I wanted to pick up his extreme burn and Fibre optics extended but ended up walking away with everthing he had on sale as he did it at an amazing £70

I got

Card Stab, ten, interlace, fibre optics extended, extreme burn, alpha deck, super cards and any ring hank I think in total.

will add you tomorrow Matt, I usually use skype, rushing out to watch shoot and lennart green now

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys
I couldn't make blackpool this year. So reading the blog was great.
Hope to see you there next year.

John Morton

Matt Wainwright said...

thanks boys for all the effort you have put into this over the weekend
it made me want to be there even more!
i know i've said this before, but please save me a seat next year, i mean it this time!
looking forward to the pohots to come...
thanks for picking up my etienne pradier dvd's stu, your a star mate, who need online shopping! ';-)
see you all at the next metting
thanks very much once again.......
matt

Anonymous said...

I agree the 'pushers and shovers' had no regard for others.
My main complaint was I had a V.I.P. badge but I couldn't get to the V.I.P. Lounge it was up a long flight of stairs (no-one knew where a lift was to get up there) and the dealers halls were too narrow between tables. The Mobility Scooter I hired was too large to go in the lifts I had to leave it and walk which defeated the object of hiring it. It was still handy from and to the Ruskin
Sorry to the Guys I threatened to have a game of tenpin bowling with at the entrance to the Winter Gardens or ran over at the Ruskin.
Other than that I enjoyed the convention.